Our RV Made Our Jaws Drop In Disbelief

Last weekend was the first nice day we’ve had in six months. The snow was just about gone from our yard, the sun was shining, and the temp was perfect. With excitement in our hearts to finally be able to work on Aesop (RV) and start filming for our future YouTube channel, we set out to accomplish what we’d been longing to do during the six months of grueling winter.



But first a little backstory.

Last August when we decided to get an RV (I’ll tell ya more about that story another time), and eventually explore the U.S. as digital nomads, we went hunting for one on the internet. Kevin found a class A motorhome and showed it to me. I wasn’t too sure about it. In fact, I wanted to keep looking. I’m an indecisive person to the point of sometimes being a pain in the ass. So I kept searching and came across one and showed Kevin. Well, it was the same one he showed me earlier which was weird.

I’m an indecisive person to the point of sometimes being a pain in the ass.

I decided to go run some errands. While I was out I had this gut feeling to go to the convenience store and pick up an Auto Trader. I did, thinking there might be motorhomes in there for sale. When I got home, I thumbed through it and found a class A. I showed Kevin, and we discovered it was the same one he showed me earlier

I had this gut feeling to go to the convenience store and pick up an Auto Trader.

The same class A motorhome kept showing up, so Kevin went online and learned that it was now up for auction. He placed a bid. The amount he entered was too low. He placed another bid, and it stuck. He ended up winning so we drove to Detroit Lakes, MN and picked it up. To our delight, the RV was in great shape, except we did have to replace a solenoid and put a new battery in it before trekking back home. Kevin said driving it was a dream.

The same class A motorhome kept showing up.

My friend Ronnie offered for us to park our RV in his huge shop for the winter. It was a generous and kind offer. Knowing that North Dakota’s winters could be brutal, we were going to take him up on his offer.

Were.

One day Kevin went to go start our RV so we could take it to Ronnie’s shop, and the ignition switch didn’t work. At all. When Kevin turned the key, it went all the way around.

What the hell?

The weather was already getting chilly and nipping at us, so instead of fixing the ignition switch, Kevin decided to leave our RV in our backyard. Besides, we loved looking out our kitchen window and seeing our motorhome. It was an affirmation to us that we had a plan instead of being part of someone else's plan and this was what we were working our butts off to accomplish—a nomadic lifestyle, to live instead of just exist.

We had a plan instead of being part of someone else’s plan.

Fast forward to February.

Ronnie’s shop burned down. If our RV was in there, it would have been ashes or close to it.



He lost everything.

No one was hurt, though. What he lost was just stuff. He got lucky.

Now rewind back to the beginning of this post when last Saturday we were pumped up to work on our RV and get it started. Our mechanic friend Curt came over to help Kevin. We had just come back from Carquest, where Kevin bought two batteries—even though the one in the RV was the one we bought in Minnesota—and hooked them up. We told Curt we had to go back to Carquest, but we wouldn’t be too long.

When we came back home this is what happened:

Curt: “She’s running.”

Kevin and I: “What?”

Curt: “She’s running.”

Kevin: “How can she be running? The ignition switch wasn’t working. I tried it several times and the key went all the way around.”

Curt: “I don’t know, man, but she’s running.”

Our jaws dropped.

No kidding.

Kevin and I: “Turn it on! Turn it on! Turn it on!”

He turned it on, and the sound was music to our ears. She was running beautifully, and we couldn’t help but laugh and smile because the realization had hit us at the same time that if she would have run back in October when we were going to store her in Ronnie’s shop for the winter, she would have burned down.

Wow.

Obviously, this is the RV we’re supposed to have because #1 at the beginning when we decided to be digital nomads, she kept showing up. #2 she was meant not to burn down.

Was this the hand of Fate?

I don’t know, but it sure seems like it.

Since we've been together, Kevin and I have always followed signs, and they've never failed us. I could write more blog posts on the subject, but this one will suffice for now. If everything flows together, it’s meant to be. Don’t force anything, just go with it. So we’re surfing this wave to see where it takes us.

If everything flows together, it’s meant to be.

We have no worries.

It’s all good.

Right now, Aesop is at Kevin’s work, waiting to get serviced and gone through by mechanics. Like I said early, I started filming clips of the beginning of our awesome journey, however, I wish I could have captured our jaws dropping when Curt told us our RV was running. 

Oh, well.

No biggie.


I’m going to go with the flow and see where Fate takes us.


0 comments: